Wednesday 29 March 2017

Studio Brief 1: Reflective practise

In this studio brief we were tasked with creating an A2 research poster to identify and summarise on 2 key things you have learnt / 2 key things that have really engaged me / my aims and ambitions for level 5 and beyond / 2 key things that you have not enjoyed.

With this brief I tried to use my initials and name as a pun. Finn Michael Silliton - Silliton FM. 1997 is the year I was born so I thought it would be fun to use that as if it’s the station number – 199.7 . The concept was for my voice and opinions to act a radio station, as if I am broadcasting my opinions and reflecting on my learning for the first year of my degree. I enjoyed reflecting on what has gone well and what hasn’t. This made me take into consideration aspects of my approach to design and what I can do to improve, as well as goals I want to hit for next year. Visually I don’t think my poster was successful, due to not spending enough time considering the layout. As well as still being unsure about branding myself and the message I wanted to give out.

2 key things you have learnt:
- GETTING FRUSTRATED AND STRESSED WONT IMPROVE MY WORK
- I HAVE LEARN TO STAY ENTHUSIASTIC WITH A PROJECT WHTHER YOU LIKE IT OR      NOT

2 key things that have really engaged me:
WORKING  WITH MOVING IMAGE AND VIDEO EDITNG HAVE ENGAGED ME
HEARING DESIGNERS CAREER STORIES FROM VISITNG LECTURERS ENGAGED ME

My aims and ambitions for level 5 and beyond:
- I AIM TO WORK COLLABORATIVELY WITH A PHOTOGRAPHY STUDENT ON A FILM PROJECT
- I AIM TO STUDY ABROAD NEXT YEAR

2 key things that you have not enjoyed:
-I DON'T ENJOY ESSAY WRITING
- I HAVEN'T ENJOYED BLOGGING 

MY POSTER:









No comments:

Post a Comment