Wednesday 29 March 2017

Barcelona trip: Visiting design studios



Visiting design studios :


Bros mind: bros mind is a small studio made up of two brothers. Both from different backgrounds, one studied architecture and medicine, and the other graphic design. They found their middle point which is illustration. These guys really inspired me and where my favourite studio by far in Barcelona. This was due to their enthusiasm and how passionate they are about design. As well as keeping design fun and constantly enjoying it. Their style is incredible and imaginative with wacky, crazy illustrations all with great concepts behind the ideas. They are very experimental and are constantly trying out new ways of working the push their creativity. I really like this approach and I wouldn’t class them as just illustrators working in 3d product design, as well as game design and much more. They were super friendly and I would love to visit their studio again in the future.















Mucho: mucho is a much larger studio with studios in Paris Barcelona and san Francisco. They are much more cooperate like and take on a lot bigger projects than the other two studios I visited. They were also friendly and talked us through some exiting projects. Although its studios on a much bigger basis, they were also inspiring and really push the ideas and letting the aesthetics follow. It was interesting to see the difference between bigger and smaller studios and defiantly made me warm towards smaller studios with a more personal feel to them.




Hey: Studio Hey was the last studio I visited and unfortunately the one I enjoyed least. Although I still did thoroughly enjoy getting to see another type of studio. Hey was also a small studio, and was actually the one I was most looking forward seeing, in terms of the aesthetic of their work. I enjoyed looking at their projects but felt the lady who ran the studio lacked enthusiasm which made me less interested in the work and the studio as a whole. Saying this I still thought the work was good but I did find it a bit repetitive and not as exiting as the other studios.




No comments:

Post a Comment